Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rebellion: Jack Hammer Sings and Reads Songs and Poems of The Beat Generation (1960)


We love our kitchy beatnik vibes here in the Fireball household, this is an album I got while making mixes for the Beat Generation themed bar that Mrs Fireball used to run - I thought about it again while watching the beatnik scenes in Mad Men just recently and thought maybe I'd stick it up here in case any of you might dig those crazy vibes . . .

I had heard some Jack Hammer tunes on the famous 'Las Vegas Grind' compilations, but that was just some frantic twist music, while this is full on turtle neck, beret, goatee, coffee mug and Benzedrine fare . . .It's got a tune called 'A Hobo with an Oboe' for chrissake. These go for well over 100 bucks on collectors sites I hear. Enjoy it Daddy-O. . . .

Like, Wow! 

Tracklisting:

1. Rebellion
2. The Hawks and the Crowns
3. Neon Moon
4. Concrete Desert
5. Ruby Red
6. Dying Soldier
7. Like
9. The Rose and the Rock
10. A Hobo With an Oboe
11. Mean and Evil Me
12. Coffee Espresso
13. Man Candle

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love the song Coffee Espresso. It's always on my playlist.

    Hope you have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee... Espresso.. A la'mour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great album and difficult to find... shame it's lossy 128.

    ReplyDelete