Monday, March 14, 2011

When it's a Jaar

As a card-carrying, unmuscular-liberal, smartphone-toting, new media type, I naturally discovered Nicolas Jaar thanks to a Guardian article RSS-fed to my fancy new Nexus S Google phone.

And he's really rather good too, all generally a bit Mount Kimbie/James Blake-ish. Some fairly wacky patter too... the reason he makes music? Because it's a "potentially progressive, consciousness-raising cultural motor".

Hmm, yes well, fair dos mate. I like yer tunes anyway.

The Guardian article

His Soundcloud account with lots of tracks to stream.

A Resident Advisor podcast from last year I just spotted and a mixesdB link to download it cos the RA one has been archived.

3 comments:

  1. Nae worries anonymous, funnily enough I was thinking of you when I posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers big ears :)

    lounging under the influence of Beechams cold and flu satchets, streaming the sets and currently enjoying the Clown and Sunset podcast:Nikita Quasim's inspirations . . .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGyRpdKbSy4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-SVPJM4L4

    ReplyDelete