Friday, August 6, 2010

The Marauding Moroder

It's time for some Moroder on this here blog - Giorgio is God.

A brief introduction, as if any was needed...




Tulley - take note of this 'tache/shade combination, much to be learnt here I feel.



Obviously we've got to throw the classics in there too. For some reason Blogger won't embed this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aC38RldkLI&

This version of it embedded OK, but has lower sound quality.



Continuing the German theme from the other month.



Had to have this obviously. Just how sexy is Donna Summer in this video by the way?



Back to some raw Moroder.



Bet you never knew where this sample came from.



Just found this little remix n'aw, I'm liking it.



Never realised he co-wrote this.



And a tasty remix by Patrick Cowley, just to wrap things up.

6 comments:

  1. You can never have too much Moroder.

    I'm particularly loving his fluent German - I think he says he's from the Sud-Tirol, the German speaking bit of Italy.

    Elektro-disko, ja?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the Shadow tune though eh? News to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's going on man, I've posted comments twice in here and they've disappeared . . .I wonder if this one stays . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha i can simply retrieve it from my emails . .


    Love this cunt, always takes me back to the Westbam journeys by DJ's that was a good friend to me all those years ago, first time I heard the midnight express theme. I did know about that sample by the way, do I get some sort of geek prize? a wedgie perhaps?

    I should get more wedgies for having his album where he collaborated with David Bowie, the 'cat people' soundtrack, heard it? It has been given a small resurgence in recognition cos Tarantino used this track

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAagFKdsSNs&feature=related

    In Inglorious Basterds, which I still haven't seen. If yous huvnae already got the cat people soundtack, nab it here

    http://www.mediafire.com/?2imtnmtohnv

    Good post Scobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aye you're getting your carton of milk spilt all over you, followed by wedgies, then upended with yer head in the toilet bowl - ya pewre weird wee geek ye.

    Inglourious Basterds is shite by the way. A sore and unpleasant shite at that. Lots of unnecessary violence that adds fuck all to a lame story with already dubious moral implications. Revenge movie my arse. Over-indulgent macho wankfest more like.

    Glad you enjoyed der Musik von Oskarpreizbetraeger Giorgio Moroder anyway. Er ist der Mann.

    ReplyDelete