Monday, August 2, 2010

The Jackening


After Scobie's extremely interesting post about Jakbeat I went off to try and get me some, without much success, so here is a wee sample of what I found mixed up with some old Chicago House, disco, synth pop,techno and whatever the fuck else. I had great fun making this actually, plenty of looping and fannying about with tracks goin on, hope yis like it.


Tracklisting

The Hills of Tantra (re edit) - Jamal Moss
Moonbootation 2002 -  Moonbootica
King of the Box - JTC
Shake Shake Shake (Shake your Booty) - K.C and the Sunshine band
Jack 2 the Future - Bobby Peru
Don't you want me (Extended edit) - Human League
untitled (re edit) - Jamal Moss
Walk (DJ Rahaan re edit) - Bent Boys
Ghetto Shout Out(feat Wax Master) - Parris Mitchell
Jack your Body - Steve "Silk" Hurley
The Second Night Cycle(Feat. Ellis Monk) - James T Cotton
We invite you to expand your total self - Salamandos
Other Voices - 16db

6 comments:

  1. Tulley, there is a modern classical ensemble who write original pieces called " Kounterpoint " who sound alright. Nothing really exciting I dont think but new nonetheless. You might like it.

    I stumbled across this which I found very interesting indeed. check it out

    http://www.slate.com/id/2254232

    ReplyDelete
  2. muchos enjoyment t-bag. by the way, that cosmic studio setup you've got there is fuckin awesome-o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers fellows

    I'll see if I can find that classical shit Steely, I was listening to this guy talk about a book he had written about 20th century classical music on the aussie equivalent of radio 4 and it just sounded pure interesting. Modernist classical music is like this mad wee cult that no one listens to and yet all these really really creative folk spend their lives devoted to it. Why is it that we have accepted modernist art to the point where we have Rothkos hanging in dentist surgeries, but expect someone to listen to Stockhausen and they'll think you're mental - even though they are part of the same artistic movement.Hmmm I'm getting some good beard stroking done here . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quality Tulley, loving the mix.

    "a wee sample of what I found mixed up with some old Chicago House, disco, synth pop,techno and whatever the fuck else"

    I think you've just captured the whole jakbeat thing right there...

    ReplyDelete