Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Revolution will not be on Youtube





I'm very much enjoying the new Gil Scott Heron album, it's got his now aged, grizzly old voice paired up with distorted industrial dubsteppy beats and some genius covers (Gil Scott Heron covering Robert Johnson's 'Me and the Devil'? Fuck yeah!). I could pretty much listen to him say anything and reckon it sounds cool mind you. Will never forgive myself for missing him at the essential festival.

Here's the album.
link removed due to emotional blackmail.
link courtesy of wewantwar

4 comments:

  1. been listening to this too, it's fuckin great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the closest thing I have, to a voice of reason.

    Go buy this album, don't nick it. Gil needs the cash. For crackrock and lawyers. And his HIV meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true Duncan, and I intend to buy it, but I would not have if I hadn't downloaded it and became enamored of it's charms first. I no longer buy albums that I haven't already heard, I've thrown too much money away on CDs which turned out to be shite in my lifetime.
    So, if you'd like to follow the Tulley route to helping Gil buy crack, download this, decide you like it enough to buy it, then go do the decent thing as Mr Scobie suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sensible approach to music purchasing Tulley. Did you know that the vinyl has extra tunes on it? A live version of Winter in America for starters, plus a couple of others. Not heard it yet, but it would make it a bit more album length than its current half an hour EP styles.

    ReplyDelete