Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tiger & Woods @ La Cheeta

The highlight of my weekend, and without a doubt one of the best live shows I've seen in a while. I went to see Leftfield at the Barras first on Friday night. As much as nostalgia is a powerful thing, I can't say I was particularly blown away. No new material and slightly gimmicky reworkings of their old classics, backed by a big shiny-shiny screen and over-the-top-visuals. The thousands of Glesga folk who saw them over Saturday and Sunday will no doubt disagree with me and call me a moany c*nt, mind.

So on to La Cheeta for this later on. They blew my socks off: 2 cheeky italian boys cracking out driving disco funk edits. Heavily working their MPC's, it's not always easy to impress nowadays with an Ableton set. The lure of Disco brought a pleasant balance to the crowd mixture. And by this I mean that it wasn't a sausage party like most of the other nights in there that play the music I love.

Here we go then:



You can find a few other tunes on youtube or their myspace, the vinyl is very rare apparently.

http://www.myspace.com/tigerandwoods

http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Tiger+%2526+Woods/

9 comments:

  1. liking this, reminds me of some kon and amir stuff i heard on gilles peterson recently, you can grab that show here.

    gorgeous reedits of disco deepness, not too dissimilar to this. here's a mixcloud mix by them, and a hip hop samples mix too.

    ye cannae beat the disco for getting the burds oan the flair you're right. dubstep, dnb and disco - they seem to love the bass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicey. this is marco passarani and his mate. don't tell him i said so, but.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure dead sexy. I recently got a double album of disco edits by Greg Wilson, some really subtle and clever editing, bringing out the brilliance in the track without fuckin with it too much

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePvyIfXcEY

    His edits of voodoo ray and love is the drug are genius too.

    I was never much into Leftfield to begin with, they were alright, I remember one T in the Park when they rocked it - but they never did that much for me. I'd imagine the Barras was full of web designers in their mid to late thirties on their first pill in 5 years... yeah I'd rather have been at the disco too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. to be honest i only went in the vain hope of seeing them wheel out a massive tub of butter, have john lydon burst out and do 'burn hollywood' whilst sliding about the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw come on, Leftism is a belter of an album. Their later stuff kinda left me cold, especially that one they had on the Guinness advert which everyone creamed over. The Dave Clarke remix wasn't bad if I remember but...

    As for Greg Wilson, all credit to the manual tape splicing electrofunk edit mu'faa. Schnippity-schnizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant stuff, I was under the impression that more sauceys were going out these days, but its probably because id rather go out and listen to that rather than techno in a sausage sweat box.

    Haha tulley. 30 yr old web designers. I know a few who traveled there specially! I was actually surprised how mad people went for this tour. I thought they were ok, nothing to go mad about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.audiomaniacs.de/djsets/59508-tiger-and-woods-ra-239-dec-2010.html


    :)

    ReplyDelete