Monday, December 13, 2010

Acoustica: Alarm Will Sound Performs Aphex Twin



Heard this and it reminded me of the school band performing Aphex that Jim posted a while ago . . .I won't post he whole album cos I figure these guys are a twenty piece chamber orchestra who probably see little enough of their royalties as it is, so go and buy this CD and encourage some incredibly talented musicians to keep doing what they do. 


Instead I'll just post the three songs on this album which appear on my favourite Aphex Twin record, the 'Richard D James' album from 1996, those tunes being Logon Rock Witch, Fingerbib, and '4'. What's that, '4'? you say? surely those snare rushes are impossible for human hands to play! But no, apparently not, look





Download the 3 tunes here


Buy the album here

1 comment:

  1. mm nice. been meaning to investigate these guys for a while. the lack of any sort of resemblance to mills and blue potential pleases me greatly.

    ReplyDelete